Monday, August 22, 2005

Thoughts, insights and frustrations

Well, it's been awhile since I've expressed myself through words. Let me indulge you with the things that run through my head on a daily basis. Living in Seoul is really great, don't get me wrong. But it's next to impossible to fit any worthwhile actvities into my 3 hour window between the time I wake up and the time i start teaching. As great as the subway system is, there is simply not enough time to do anything from 10 am to 1:30 pm. One time i tryed to actaully DO something. So i hopped on the subway and went to Dondaemoon to look for some stuff. Before i knew it I was lost and I had to be home in a half an hour. I ended up taking a cab home, which ended up being very expensice since I was on the other side of the city. So to fill up this time, i might join a gym and just work out in the mornings. Either way, when Lydia and Nathan narrive, because they live so close to us we can hang out with them during our breaks too.


Another thing is that because I orientated myself to the Subway system, which is mostly underground, i really have no clue where i am except for in relation to where the subway exit is.

With teaching, i am enjoying it for the most part, but sometimes I get frustrated with the language and culture barriere. The other day my middle school kids were laughing at me for the last 10 minutes of class. Apparently my fly was low (according to another Korean teacher whom they told). Why didn't they just tell me? Either they didn't know how to say "teacher your fly is low" or they were too embarrased to do so.

So Jamie and i slept in yesterday and missed church--we are SO bad. We wanted to go to this Korean church in the afternoon but we couldn't get a hold of Kevin or Dan with the directions. So we ended up going to Youndinaro and taking a boaat tour on the Han River.

Ok, well i have about 45 minutes to spare before I have to run to class and I still haven't been outside yet today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will always tell you when your fly is low Jenn!!!